petak, 27. travnja 2012.

Soft Lightning Touch

Hooray for spring!

It's Friday and I'm so happy. Not sure what I'm doing this weekend, but I'm definitely looking forward to whatever goes on. Thank you all so much for your super nice comments and emails here on my blog and my facebook page.
I appreciate it very much dear followers!
Every change of season is a bit bittersweet for me and always nostalgic. Spring is no exception. I'm in love with the hilly mornings and evenings either side of sunny, flower-filled afternoons, romantic nights...

I like to wear soft nude colors in spring. Love the nude tones in clothing. I find it very classy and elegant when mixed with just a simple strand of pearls.
Lately I've been more attracted to softer pallettes and colors, maybe it's the warm weather that's got me dreaming of vintage lace, ivory/white dresses, flowers, soft lightning, picnics, me and my darling with the sunset behind us on a lake...

I'm wearing my 1950's spring dress (full skirt and knee lenght), pleats from waist with hidden stiff mesh for exaggeration; zip from bottom to back of neck and my waist is "highlighted" with the 1950's style white smocked, elasticized stretch cinch belt with three silver metal closures 2" wide.

The texture is flattering and distinct without being ostentatious. What more could you ask for in a spring season that’s all about showing your soft side?

Horray for spring.
The polka dot circle dress.

I've been hunting for the perfect pair of nude T-Strap shoes.
I finally found them!!! You like these shoes?

T-strap shoes in nude color
I love to make some of my own hair accessories. I am showing you my handmade nude flower. The earrings are a gift.

Handmade hair accessories

For this soft look - I'm wearing soft make-up with a blend of cool and neutral colors. My eyes are played up with heavy-dark eyeliner on the top lids and matt nude rose lips. It's a beautiful soft baby pink matt finish blush.

The make-up must also be soft.
Okay, now back to the point of the post.

Lately, I received a lot of comments "Where do you find all your unique clothes etc. etc.?".
 
I get stopped all the time by friends and other people who ask me where do I buy my vintage fashion. I guess there’s no single answer to this and I can’t say it’s easy. But it is a lot of fun and I feel tremendous accomplishment when I find something perfect. What makes it difficult? Well, you don’t just go to a single store and expect to find exactly what you’re looking for. It takes a lot of hard work and time.

And...now my secret. I spend many a day going back and forth between flea markets, vintage shops and garage sale. I spend hours pouring through clothes and driving from one place to another looking for gems that will make me happy. At the end of the day, sometimes I come home with absolutely nothing to show.

I buy everything that's vintage. It may not be just clothes. I like the romance of all old pieces.

Well, I hope this article has helped you understand my process. I would love to hear about your adventures in vintage hunting.
Let me know!
Now I'll show you what I found lately that's - soft, romantic, nostalgic...
Romantic describes my style perfectly.

Floral vintage scarves.
Vintage postcards
...and look, what a handwriting. So beautiful!
More postcards.
A sweet vintage handmade collar.
Your romantic lingerie story is not complete without the perfect corset, bustier, waist cincher, girdle, or shaper.

Bullet bra full body shaper with garter hooks.
This wonderful vintage soft rose dress was a gift.

While I was writing this post, I made pancakes and cleaned up my messy room.
It's finally Friday today and I have a lil bit time for me, because during the week I'm always so freaking busy.




Can't wait to enjoy the holidays!

What about you?

Lots of love,

Idda van Munster

Broj komentara: 30:

  1. i mene to često pitaju i baš je teško dati odgovor jer mi je baš kao i kod tebe, pola Bosne pređem tražeći neke stvari :D Danas sam kupila dva predivna okvira za slike.. i ništa više :D ova haljina ti je predivna! baš me obradovalo ovo sunce, imam 100 haljina koje još nisam nosila :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala puno Emina!
      Izuzetno je teško pronaći ono što se zamisli, ali nekako uvijek izrovim kad se najmanje nadam.
      Mama mi je trenutno u Njemačkoj, pa je već dosta toga gore pronašla. Ona najbolje zna šta ja volim, jer sam od nje naučila prave vrijednosti.
      Jedva čekam da sve došlepa u Bosnu!

      Izbriši
  2. Очень прекрасная ты! Your blog is an aesthetic pleasure!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Ti od odjeće praviš doživljaj! Prelijepo ti stoje nježne boje i cvijetni uzorak, personifikacija si ženstvenosti.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. So true about the girdle. I wear one daily and think all women should. The dress is so pretty, by the way. I wish more girls our age would realize you can be a strong independent woman but still dress like a lady.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Don't know have you already seen it, but I have made a post about girdles and vintage underwear.
      http://iddavanmunster.blogspot.com/2012/02/bring-back-seamed-stockings-girdles.html
      Thank you!

      Izbriši
  5. I love your dress! Your hair flower and your other hair piece are adorable :)

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Love the color of the scarves and such a perfect spring-color~~)
    Slazem se sa Anleah, u tebi je zenstvenost koja se ne srece svaki dan.
    Celokupan tvoj stil je kao sa nemog filma.Sve mi se svidja od razglednica, pa do roze haljinci, pa do tortice, a najvise bi zavirila u svu onu gomilu garderobe!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Prelepa si i suvisno je bilo sta vise reci...:*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. E! Dala si mi inspiraciju za tvoj sesiric. <3 Prelepo ti je sve!!!! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Amazing photos i really enjoyed I like your eye it's awesome.
    Vans for Sale

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Oh, how sweet! You look gorgeous pin up girl! ;) I love wearing nude and light colours in the spring too! A reflection of the weather I wish we had here in Scotland! :) Enjoy your weekend dear! Zoë x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Thank you so much dear ladies!!!
    Love x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Cipele su predivne, ja dugo trazim neke za sebe :).
    Trazenje odjece za mene je prava muka, najcesce kupim neku haljinu koja mi se mnogo svidja, pa onda je obavezno produzavam,jer mrzim kratke haljine, a naci onu duzinu koju ja hocu mnogo je tesko, ali to su slatke mukice :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Nude colours are perfect for spring!

    When I see your photos, it reminds me I really want to be a pin up girl =)

    You're amazing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. AMAZING!!

    S.
    http://hipandchips.blogspot.it/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Gorgeous ensembles, love the grape/berry hair accessory! xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. hi aida you look so beautiful i love the outfits, the full skirts are so feminine to wear i love the way they move around and when you sit down they go everywhere, so lovely, glad ur enjoying the change of season, here in ireland we can get four seasons in one day!!! Hope your having a good weekend its nice to have time to catch up, looking beautiful as always, kisses from dublin xxxxxx leonie

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. strasno mi je bilo drago kad sam vidjela da si sebi napokon napravila blog, jer mi je ovako lakse pratiti tvoje dozivljaje. tvoja ljubav prema vintage stvarima me strasno interesuje. i ako to nije moj stil, ja cijenim osobe koje imaju svoj neki posebni ukus sto se tice mode. pratim te od sada.

    puno topli pozdrava sa floride!
    leyla.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Ta roza haljina sto si dobila na poklon je to die for.
    Super blog!!

    Red

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. Izgledaš prekrasno, svaki detalj je savršen, ma nevjerojatno! Ja obožavam vintage, iako rijetko da sam sva u vintage-u, obično samo nekoliko komada u isto vrijeme, ali ne mogu odoljeti dobrom komadu. S obzirom da u Zg nema baš puno mjesta gdje se može nabaviti vintage odjeća i detalji, ima nekoliko mjesta koje uvijek obilazim (npr. Ulični ormar), a i kad negdje otputujem obavezno pronađem neki sajam ili vintage dućan. ali mislim da je vintage jedini način da izgledamo barem donekle jedinstveno, a za neke prihvatljive novce! Ilina

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. Ja naprosto nemam rijeci kao prvo za tvoje crte lice koja su apsolutno savrsene ,suknja je sjajna cipelice ma sve zaista sam ostala bez teksta!

    OdgovoriIzbriši