nedjelja, 18. studenoga 2012.

Angelica Photography

Hello dear readers,

my wonderful friend and super talented photographer, Maja Topčagić / Angelica Photography from Bihać - Bosnia and Hercegovina, recently asked me to take photos with her and I, of course, said yes. She is not only a talented photographer but also a wonderful person. Additionally, she has been extremely accommodating and easy to work with. You can see more of her work on her facebook page. Can't wait to work with her again!!!
Here are the photos we've done.

I'm wearing my 1930's black pencil skirt with pleated ends, the 1940's floral Whirlaway Frockblouse, Cloche 1920's hat, 1920's T-strap shoes, black 1950's hat, fur fox stole, Nerzstola, Mink fur jacket and black 1950's gloves. Every piece of this is - vintage.



"We are born at a given moment, in a given place, and like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season in which we are born." said Carl Gustav Jung. It makes no sense to say it about currently living people, really. I can only say it about history. Any period would suit me! I am a history geek and I am infatuated with any time period, but I belong in the 1920's, 1930's, 1940's and 1950's. It’s funny, people have always told me I was born in the wrong time period. I’ve thought about this a lot, what other time period I would live in. I love the Roaring 1920's: Being a flapper, guys, and getting the right to vote, and cars and all those exciting things. I also love the 1930's. Even if it was the Great Depression, there was amazing culture. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Follies left and right, George and Ira Gershwin, and let’s not forget 1939, the greatest single year in film history. I probably love the 1940's and 1950's most – wartime and postwar world is fascinating. I adore big band music and swing dancing, and some of my favorite movies came out suring this decade. And love seemed so real and genuine.  That’s the main problem I have with life today: how complex and unemotional things have become. With all the advancing technology, as great as it is for things like health care, it’s really driven a wedge in person-to-person contact. It has fostered a time where people don’t dream or fantasize or believe in anything they can’t see or touch. People in general seem to have lost reverence for the humanities, for literature and art and history. Young people especially have lost a sense of common decency and kindness towards others. The world is so instant-gratification-oriented. Everyone is so impatient. Time is so fleeting because people don’t stop to appreciate a moment, they’re always rushing and so busy looking ahead to the future. I would just like to go back to simpler times, when the world wasn’t so convoluted with texting and computers. I’d rather send a letter than a text message. I’d rather stand in a field and breathe sweet air and look up into the night sky and see the beautiful stars, instead of standing on a concrete street corner and breathing in exhaust fumes and looking up into the sky filled with smog that man put there. I just want to live in a time where a moment still meant something.
I love this quote by the wonderful 1930's lady from the blog Tea of the Vintage Baroness - she said:
"I don't wear vintage to get the compliments and those who would judge mean so little to me that as long as I feel like I am putting my best foot forward and expressing my true self, then I am a happy gal."Tea of the Vintage Baroness
With love,
Idda van Munster

Broj komentara: 25:

  1. Oh darling.... those pictures are absolutely marvelous... my favorite is the last one in back & white, this is the most glamourous portrait of you I've ever seen ! My jaw dropped literally !

    I really love your text & I relate so much to what you say... sometimes I wish I could live in the countryside where I'll be free to do & say what I want out loud & where everything's a lot more "real".

    Lotsa kisses... Viola

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Thank you so much darling!
    This black/white portrait is also my fav one.

    Love you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Looking fabulous as usual... wish I had a wardrobe like yours! x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. that's exactly what I think about modern society!You're such an inspiration!Fantastic captures of a gorgeous girl!Congrats!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I love the pictures, especially the ones with a cigarete. And I totally agree with your text.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I love the pics!!
    A question about the skins: Are they naturals or sincetics??

    XoXo

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Ida, you are beautiful. Lovely, lovely, photographs. I felt like I was transported back. Your makeup is so spot on.

    http://dividingmoments.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Really magical! And soooo good quality.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. So beautiful photos & a really beautiful women!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Your photo should be placed in every dictionary to illustrate the word "beauty"!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. This black and white photo is so amazing that I saved it on my computer. :) It's beautiful that you live this vintage dream every day. <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Idda your pictures are beautiful e so are you.

    Kiss
    Daise Alves - Brasil
    www.menteflutuante-up.blogspot.com.br

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Stunning photos you are a delight to behold! xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Every single of your photo shoots is a masterpiece, I really mean it, you are a very beautiful woman and a great model. I have few questions (again), btw, thank you for the info about Dita fragrance (I have written that email from a different account, but it's me, same person), I found out yesterday that a friend of mine just bought this perfume for me, so I am so happy, as I was affraid I would not be able to order it myself as (as I said) a lot of shops don't deliver to Poland. But anyway, I wanted to ask you how do you style your hair? It seems to always look so perfect, I am very curious as my retro hair styling is far from perfect, I can curl my hair quite well, but when it comes to styling if after I don't know very well how to do that. And another question - where do you buy your vintage clothes? Do you order them online or do you buy it in your town? I must say I don't have vintage shops in my town, there are lot of second hand shops, but they don't offer a real vintage items, I was thinking about ordering things like that online, even if it's risky to buy something without trying on ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. It´s just a masterpiece,really,really:-)))*

    Gorgeous look of Ida,mostly lovely images in style of vinatge!
    You are absolutely HOT,dear Ida and SO fantastic is all these photos!
    Great complinets to the photograph!!!

    Hugs,
    ***Violetta***

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Hi Idda! <3

    I absolutely love your style. You are very beautiful and talented woman! I was so happy to find your blog and facebook page. You inspire me. I'm a vintage-lover from Finland and I live in very small town close to border of Russia. Sometimes it is annoying when people ask: "Why you dress like that? Are you going to party? Why you wear red lipstick?" When you said there is always a moment for beautiful dress, I totally agree with you! I think women should enjoy much more about their feminity these days. :-)

    Here is my facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pauliina.suuronen

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Those pics are as always absolutely stunning. What would i give to style like you ;

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Gorgeous photos and blog! Definitely following.

    Ivy
    http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. Soooo beautiful! Stunning and very very inspiring!!!

    www.foxinvogue.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. These photos are gorgeous and inspiring!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. You are such an inspiration.
    Love your outfits and the way you look. You are beautifull!
    Jolanda.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. ลืมรหัสผ่าน Vegus168 หากคุณลูกค้าทุกท่านลืมรหัสผ่านเวกัส168 กรุณาติดต่อ คอลเซนเตอร์ ที่คอยรับฟังและแก้ไขปัญหาข้อมูลเบื้องต้น พร้อมให้บริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ไม่ว่าจะเป็นปัญหาที่พบบ่อยอย่างเช่น เข้าไม่ได้, ลืมรหัสผ่าน, ย้ายค่าย เพื่อรับโบนัสเครดิตฟรี, ชวนเพื่อนมาเล่นรับเต็มๆ 30% ของยอดฝากเพื่อนคุณ.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  23. Market capitalization is a quick and easy method for estimating a company's value by extrapolating what the market thinks it is worth for publicly traded companies and In such a case simply multiply the share price by the number of available shares. aapl market cap and pepsico market cap

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  24. virtual edge. Project Managers typically lead the execution of an event including getting all of the necessary equipment and crew and Project Managers typically manage the crew directly and handle logistics such as shipping and receiving also oversee technical operation of an event. subject lines for events and how to sell concert tickets

    OdgovoriIzbriši